Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Weddings & Change

Well the first wedding of 2009 has come and gone. Reo and Shawn, you guys looked amazing! Thanks so much for letting me be part of your special day. Glad to do it. To those who want to see some photos....too bad! Well, I posted some on Facebook and also my site Red Bulb Photography. So go there and take a look. But I guess out of the kindness of my heart I can post a few of them on here...


Here is the beautiful bride with her girls, and then Reo putting on his Converse for the ceremony


Then of course me with my good friends and a photo of their VERY different shoes haha.

It was awesome to be able to see a lot of my good friends at the wedding from school. It stunk a little cause I have been battling a cold...often losing...so during the wedding I was losing my voice. Giving direction and stuff is not fun when you can't speak. Luckily I'm a craftsman at charades haha. I can't believe how well my Photography business for weddings is taking off. Since this weekend, I've had two additional requests for this year. Making my total number of 2009 weddings at 17 so far. I'm approaching half the weekends of the entire year! Haha, well not quite, but still. Crazy! I'm truly blessed. My next wedding is on V-Day so that should be fun. A friend from college, Slim, is singing at that wedding and we'll be rooming together. A different Valentine's indeed hahaha.

School is still going strong. For my writing class our first assignment was based on the word "Empty." I decided to write about abortion. It starts off with two separate heartbeats and ends with just one. The class thought it was really good and shocking. We all have to make edits and stuff so once the final copy is done I'll be sure to post it. In my design class last night we had to show our 50 logos sketches. My teacher asked me if I had any design background or architectural drawing background at all. I said no and he said my logos were beautiful. So that was pretty shocking and cool. It'll be a fun class that'll definitely help me when it comes time to designing my magazine. Gosh I still can't believe it that I'm here and pursuing this. I feel like such an ecstatic geek hahaha.

Thanks for keeping my sister Rachel in your prayers. She made it to Germany for training and will be departing for her ship to travel around the world in a month or less. I'll give you updates as much as I can or you can go here. For now I need to get ready for my class tonight. I hope everyone is doing well. Keep me updated!

More to come...

No comments: