Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Lot Has Happened

Wow! Almost a month since I've posted on here. Crazy! I'm honestly at a loss of where to begin with this update. The most exciting thing that has happened, to me anyway, is I am now in the beautiful company of a new girlfriend! :) Her name is Christina. We met through church groups here and it's been going really well. It kinda surprised us both. We participate in Fusion which is kinda like a small group of sorts from the church of people our age. We met there as volunteers and kinda just slowly talked. Then about two weeks ago, I was trying to find someone to go to Cirque du Soleil with me and my parents who were coming down. So, being the outgoing random soul I am, I emailed a bunch of girls from church to prod the waters and see if anyone was interested in going. Apparently she was interested the whole time, but waited til last minute to say so because she didn't want to seem eager haha. So she braved the night with me and my parents and the four of us went to see Cirque here in Atlanta. It was awesome! (Cirque wasn't bad either ha). We even went out to eat at Maggiano's. Yum yum. We just hit it off amazingly well (and quick too). The next night she went with me to the Dave Barnes concert and that was great. Held hands ha. I know I sound like a middle schooler. Don't judge me ha. But yeah we've just been taking it really slow. We knew we would be together and made it official while we go slow. Still hang out in groups just as much as we're alone. We both shared so much about our past and our lessons learned. It's just nice to be on the same page and happy together. I'm overwhelmed and blessed to say the least. It's been great. She is from Florida. Went to University of Floria. (Already has given me underlying messages that I need to start being a Gator fan haha). She is in Atlanta now as a student at Emory where she is getting a Doctorate in Physical Therapy. But we're very similar. Very happy. God has just really shown me some amazing things over the past year. I love the learning. :)

Second quarter of grad school, believe it or not, ends this week. We're in our final week of classes. Next week is "Studio Week" which is basically a week of free time to get your assignments done, and the week after that is Critique Week. The dreaded week I call it. I can't believe school is almost over again. It has seriously flown by. I have a lot of stuff to get done over the next week. Nothing like last minute pressure, amen? I think my writing has gotten a lot stronger since last quarter. My photography, on the other hand, I don't feel good about. It's a long story that has been promised to be resolved next quarter. I'm really excited for next quarter.

Over the break I'm going to Nashville for about a week to visit some friends out there and stay with my brother and his family. I love family! I'm really excited cause I love and miss Nashville. Also at the beginning of April I'm going to Greenville to shoot some Bridal Portraits for my friend Brittany. Christina is going to go with me so I can show her my college (polar opposite of her's ha) and maybe even hang around a bit before coming back here to Atlanta. She also gets to go with me back to Nashville when I go Easter weekend! Yay! Like I said. I love family!

I can't remember if I told everyone, but I'm going to Kenya in June. I think I told everyone. We had our first team meeting a week ago. There are 29 of us signed up to go. I'm the unofficial photographer for the trip. You'd better believe I'm going to photograph the junk out of that place, too! Not to mention it'll allow me to get another global phrase tattoo on my arm. Score. I'm really praying about if I can go though. Trying to juggle the finances for school plus the $3500 needed for the trip with church and also emergency money for car issues or anything else that might come up. So please keep me in prayer. I appreciate it. Some of you might be getting a support letter too. I hope you can help me financially during this bad economy we're in. I know God provides for every calling.

Well I'm actually typing this in class, so I better get back to business. I hope you guys are well, and I'll be sure to update you guys sooner than a month. As well as post a picture of Christina and I (which you can see already on my Facebook). Have a good weekend! God Bless!

More to come...

No comments: