Saturday, September 27, 2008

It's Been One Week...

Well, a lot has been going on this week as Eric and I have gotten settled into Atlanta living conditions, walking non-stop, waiting on city busses non-stop and praising the fact that we now have our cable and internet...non-stop. The first thing I need to get off my chest is a funny, sad-but-true story. The other night we were decorating our place, and by decorating I mean hanging up the 47 NYC things we have. I decided I was going to take the opportunity and meet a neighbor. She lives right next to us. To be honest, the only reason I said I'd go meet her was because we knew it was a girl living there and we wanted a closer look. No, that isn't the sad-but-true part. So she opens her door and I'm standing there talking to her for a bit. Her name is Connie. She goes to State. She looks as if she is a rocker-type chick who can kick my tail, but then again who can't? She mentioned she works a lot so, naturally, I asked her where. She is a stripper at Tattle Tales hahaha. Now that I know that, we have tickets to the VIP room there and she is planning a special show for my 25th birthday on Sunday! Only kidding...or am I? (insert evil laugh here).

But yeah, on a more serious note. We have mostly been spending the week getting to know our way around Atlanta. Figuring our good routes to get to where on the Marta, finding the library, post office, learning back roads, walking around downtown. I went by myself to the aquarium which was really cool. Feel free to file that into the sad-but-true category also if you desire. I don't, however. Our apartment is completely finished with the set up and that makes us officially moved in as Atlanta residents. This time last year I was saying that for Nashville. Weird how much difference a year makes. Tomorrow is our last official day of "freedom" before grad classes/orientation starts on Monday. We are going to Buckhead Church tomorrow morning (www.buckheadchurch.org) Looks pretty awesome and Eric has heard a lot about it. Also I'll be doing a little something I like to call....CELEBRATING MY 25th BIRTHDAY!!!! Man I cant wait to hit my VIP seat at Tattle Tales! Or is it "tails"? Hmmm...I'll leave that one to question forever. (Don't worry, mom)

I got a syllabus for one of my classes. I take 5 classes (what the other 4 are I wont find out until Monday at orientation). I guess the professor decided to get an early jump. The class is "Natural Light." One of our assignments is every day for the next 8 weeks we get to shoot subjects at both sunrise and sunset. Sounds pretty cool, but to those who know me know the sunrise is going to be a huge adjustment. I'll find out if my clock actually does show anything other than double digits in the morning hours. Im up for the challenge though. We also have to read "Girl With A Pearl Earring" for artsy reasons. I was joking with Eric how it would be funny to take that book out with me places to read like at bus stops, and other embarrassing public outlets.

I got to shoot some photos of our apartment. There are about 24, and if you have Facebook, I suggest you look at all of them in my "Atlanta Living...So Far" album. There are also photos in that album from all over Atlanta and the aquarium too. Here are 4 photos: Living Room; Dining Room; and two photos of my Bedroom.



We are anxiously awaiting the start of the quarter. www.portfoliocenter.com is the school site if you want to look it over. I'm looking forward to this new beginning...with a little bit of excitement and a whole lot of nerves. I'm sure the two will balance out as the week progresses. At least I hope so. I'll let you know how Monday goes, once I survive it :)

More to come...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

EVAAAAAAAAAAAAN! have fun on the first day of school :) and i want to hear about buckhead church. i read the worship leaders blog everyday and i love it!

MOM said...

I like the red stipes you painted on your BR wall. Looks spiffy. The rest of the apt looks good,too.
This year won't be like Nashville, I promise!!!